Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ownership: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Website: http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/
- Location: Mumbai, India
- Capacity: 6.3 million tons/annum & 130,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- Mumbai Refinery is a Lube based refinery with the highest lube production capacity in India.
- Atmospheric Distillation
- Vacuum Distillation
- Fluidised Catalytic Cracker
- Diesel Hydrotreating Unit
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- LPG, Gasoline, Diesel, Base Oils
- The Mumbai Refinery Expansion Project MREP will increase the capacity to 180,000 bpd and upgrade the product yield.
- A new 1.4 million mt/year FCC unit and diesel hydrotreating unit were commissioned in 2011
- The DHT unit, which had capacity of 2.2 MMTPA was lcienced from UOP.
- Toyo India’s scope of work included residual process design and detailed engineering, procurement, supply, transportation, storage, fabrication, inspection, testing, mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, commissioning, performance guarantee test run.
- 1954 - commissioned by Esso with a crude processing capacity of 1.25 MMTPA
- 1969 - Crude processing capacity increased to 3.5 MMTPA
- 1974 - Government of India took over Esso and Lube India and formed HPCL
- 1985 - Expansion was carried out by installation of new 2 MMTPA crude units
- Second expansion of Lube Refinery took place to increase the capacity of the refinery to 335 MMTPA, so far the largest in India.
- 1999 - Sulphur block commissioned
- 2009 - Toyo awarded contract for DHT unit
- 2011 - New FCCU commissioned
- 2015 - Clean fuels project completed
- Refineries Overview
- Dupont Refinery Project References
- Punj Lloyd Refining References
- Toyo India bags EPC-LSTK contract from Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) for Diesel Hydrotreating (DHT) Unit at Mumbai Refinery, India
- New FCCU at HPCL, Mumbai Refinery, inaugurated by Hon’ble Minister, P&NG, Shri S. Jaipal Reddy