Preemraff Göteborg Refinery
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ownership: Preem
- Website: http://www.preem.se/
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Capacity: 5.0 million tons/annum & 100,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- A medium sized medium complexity refinery
- Atmospheric Distillation
- Vacuum Distillation
- Hydrocracker - Chevron Lummus Global - 56,000
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The crude oil is supplied by ship and imported via pipelines from the nearby harbour (Torshamnen).
- Crude oil is supplied primarily from Russia and the North Sea
- Two crude caverns at Risholmen can also be used for storage.
- The refinery also processes bio feedstock to produce renewable diesel
- LPG (butane and propane), motor spirits, aviation fuel, diesel-, heating- and heavy fuel oils.
- The products are pumped from the refinery in pipes to the oil terminal at Skarvik harbour.
- Most of the products are transported by ship from the terminal.
- Preem and Topsoe recently revamped the diesel hydrotreater to enable 85% coprocessing with renewable feedstocks
- 1967 - Refinery commissioned by BP
- 2001 - Foster Wheeler awarded an E&P for an isomerization revamp project
- 2003 - Diesel hydrotreater revamped to mild Hydrocracker
- 2005 - Foster Wheeler Awarded Study Contract For Fuel Oil Upgrading
- 2006 - Hydrocracker commissioned
- 2010 - Revamp of the hydrotreater enables 30% renewable feedstock
- 2021 - Revamp of the hydrotreater enables 85% renewable feedstock
- Preem Refining
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Contract for $34 Million Project in Sweden
- Preemraff Celebrates New Hydrocracker in Sweden, Using Chevron Lummus Global’s ISOCRACKING Technology
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Study Contract For Fuel Oil Upgrading by Preem Petroleum AB, Sweden
- Haldor Topsoe and Preem achieve 85% co-processing of renewable feedstock