Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ownership: Formosa Plastics Group
- Website: http://www.fpg.com.tw/index_eng.asp
- Location: Mailiao, 150 miles southwest of Taipei
- Capacity: 22.5 million tons/annum & 450.000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- A very large, complex refinery with integrated petrochemicals
- CDU - 3* 150.000 bpd
- VDU - 80.000 bpd
- RFCC - 2* 84.000 bpd
- Residuum desulfurization (RDS) units - 2* 70.000 bpd (Chevron)
- Delayed Coker
- Alkylation Unit
- Kerosene Sweetening Unit
- LPG Fractionation and Sweetening Units
- MTBE Unit
- Crude Oil: The refinery has 28 tanks to store crude feed; each tank has a design capacity of 130,000 cu m
- Refined Products:
- The refinery is designed for a 50/50 vol % blend of Arabian Heavy and Arabian Light crude oils.
=== Products Produced
- Major products include naphtha (3.8 million mty), jet fuel (1.8 million mty), gasoline (4.8 million mty), and diesel (6.7 million mty).
- The first phase of production from Mailiao refinery began in mid-2000 at 150,000 barrels per day (bbl/d), and it reached its full capacity of 450,000 bbl/d in 2002.
- 2006 - CTCI awarded Lube Oils project
+++ Relevant Links