Axion Campana Refinery
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ownership: Axion Energy / Pan American Energy
- Location: Campana, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Capacity: 4.25 million tons/annum & 85,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- The refinery is a mid sized complex refinery that processes heavy crude oil.
- Atmospheric Distillation - 85,000 bpd
- Fluidised Catalytic Cracker - 25,000 bpd
- Coker - 24,000 bpd
- Diesel Desulphurisation
- Hydrogen plant - Haldar Topsoe -
- Sulphur Recovery Plant - Ortloff
- The total storage capacity of 400,000 m3 is achieved with 74 storage tanks
- It also has 12 tanks (bullets and spheres) for LPG storage with a total capacity of 2 million liters.
- The refinery, designed to process mainly heavy crude (only 20% of light crude)
- Oil Tanking's Brandsen Terminal was developed to supply 100 percent of the crude-oil needs of the Campana Refinery in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina, through a supply system with a starting point in Oiltanking's Puerto Rosales terminal.
- The crude oil is initially received by pipeline or vessel at the Puerto Rosales Terminal, then stored and mixed into batches and subsequently pumped through the Puerto Rosales-La Plata Pipeline, owned by Repsol-YPF, to Brandsen.
- In Brandsen, the crude oil is received in three 20,000 cbm external floating-roof tanks. The crude oil is then pumped through Oiltanking's 22-inch, 166.5-km-long pipeline to the Refinery in Campana.
- LPG, Gasoline, Diesel, Coke
- The refinery transports about 60% of its end-products by ship
- For the remaining 40%, it has a dedicated unit in charge of the distribution of end-products by truck
- The refinery is being upgraded and expanded
- See Campana Refinery Expansion Project for details
- 2012 - Bridas Corp acquires the refinery from Exxon
- 2013 - Foster Wheeler awarded Coker contract
- 2017 - BP becomes a shareholder in Axion
- 2017 - Techint E&C sign contract for FCC revamp