Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ownership: Naftan
- Website: http://www.naftan.by/
- Location: Novopolotsk, Belarus
- Capacity: 11 million tons/annum & 220,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Novopolotsk Refinery is a medium sized, medium complexity refinery, capable of producing Euro V products. It also contains a petrochemical facility
- Atmospheric Distillation
- Delayed Coker
- Diesel fuel and kerosene hydrotreatment,
- catalytic reformer ,
- paraxylene, UOP PAREX,
- ethyl benzene,
- oil solvent recovery ,
- oil dewaxing ,
- oil tar deasphaltization,
- bitumen ,
- sulphuric acid;
- lube oil additives (alkyl phenol, succinimide, sulphonated);
- cogeneration gas turbine (CGTU);
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Crude oil is supplied via the Druzhba Pipeline from Russia
- Automobile gasolines (AI-95,AI-98 included); diesel fuels of various grades (diesel fuels of European quality EN590 included); jet engine fuels (JF); boiler fuels; a wide range of lubricating oils; additives and additives packs for oils; a wide range of petroleum solvents; petroleum bitumen (for construction, roads, roofs); high purity aromatic hydrocarbons (paraxylene, pseudocumene, benzene); sulphuric acid and other petroleum products
- For details see Novopolotsk Refinery Project
- Main directions of the Program Naftan 2005-2010
- Increase of oil processing capacity
- Deepening of oil processing
- Increase of product quality
- Power supply and production facilities
- The depth of oil processing in 2008 was 72 percent.
- Construction of the plant started in 1958 by order of the Council of Ministers of the USSR No. 2577-р dated August 6, 1958.
- On February 9, 1963 first gasoline of the Belarusian origin was produced.
- In 1964 the facility for catalytic gasoline reforming was launched.
- 1966 – the project for expansion of the plant for processing of crude oil up to 17 million tons per year was designed.
- In 1970-80s the project of the plant expansion was implemented as to construction of the facilities for primary oil processing АТ-8, АВТ-6, hydrocracking of diesel fuel, refining of gasolines, production of aromatic carbohydrates, increase of production capacity of lubrication oils.
- 2000 - The Visbreaking unit was commissioned
- 2001 - Thermal cracking unit start up
- 2002 - No. 118, Naftan Novopolotsk Production Association Republican Unitary Enterprise was restructured into Naftan Open Joint-Stock Company.
- 2005 - New hydrogen unit commissioned